Choosing a Car Insurance Provider
Most states require every motor vehicle owner – automobile or motorcycle – to carry some form of auto insurance. Most car insurance companies will charge you a monthly fee to pay for the level of coverage you’ve agreed on. The coverage you’ll receive is based on the price and the plan you choose and will help you in the event of a breakdown or an accident. Car insurance isn’t just a legal requirement … it’s a smart investment to keep you covered when the unexpected happens.
Every year, thousands of people in the United States are killed in auto-related accidents. Car accidents are actually one of the leading causes of death in the U.S. and they cost tax payers and billions of dollars each year – paying for road repairs, emergency personnel and medical expenses. That’s why car insurance is required and not just a nice thing to have.
We understand that you’ve got more to do than sit and research insurance services. That’s why we’ve reviewed the best car insurance providers for you. We’ve compared each auto insurance company’s coverage, claims, discounts available and ways for you to get quotes and have all the information you’ll need on one page. The best time to get auto insurance (or to switch providers) is now.
Consider the following to help you compare car insurance companies and get your free auto insurance quote today:
- Flexible Policies. You shouldn’t have to pay for insurance features that you don’t want and aren’t going to use. While gap insurance and mechanical breakdown coverage might be nice, it’s not something that everyone needs. So, compare the coverage options and remember that the best auto insurance providers let you customize your plan.
- Available Discounts. All insurance companies offer discounts for their customers, but the top car insurance companies offer a wide range of discounts. From getting good grades in school, not having any auto accidents and even being active military, you can find an affordable car insurance policy with these discounts.
- Filing a Claim. You’re paying good money for car insurance, so you should be able to file a claim any time of the day or night. The best insurance providers allow you to file claims over the phone, with your local agent, online and even on your mobile devices. Make sure you know how you can file claims before you select a cheap car insurance company.
Saving Money with Car Insurance Quotes
If you’re looking for low cost auto insurance, here are a few things you can do to save money.
- Don’t Drive A Lot. A lot of car insurance companies will offer a special discount to people who agree to keep their mileage within a pre-determined limit. So, if you live close to work, carpool or just don’t drive much, check and see if you qualify for a low-mileage discount.
- Reduce Coverage on Older Cars/Trucks. If you’re driving a clunker that’s not worth much, think about switching to liability coverage. With liability insurance, your insurance will cover damage to another vehicle, but not your vehicle. A lot of these policies still offer free towing and emergency roadside services.
- Be A Good, Safe Driver. If you keep your driving record free from any accidents and traffic violations for at least three years, you can qualify for good driver discounts. This is actually one of the best discounts most insurance companies offer, so you can save a lot of money simply by driving safe.
- Go Paperless. A lot of car insurance companies offer discounts to customers who manage their policy online and set up automatic payments each month. So, skip the check in the mail and set up a simple bill pay with your insurance agent and start saving money. You can also get discounts for paying your full bill every six months, instead of breaking it up to monthly installments.
- Take A Higher Deductible. The higher your deductible, the more you’ll save on your insurance premiums. So, consider raising your deductible from $250 to $500 or even $1,000 and you’ll drop your monthly bill dramatically. Just make sure you set aside that amount of money so you’ll have it in case of an emergency.
Now is the time to start saving on car insurance. Take a look at our car insurance reviews and then fill out the form to get your free car insurance quote today!